IronRidge Ground MountFebruary 26, 2021
5kW (5000W) Solar Panel Ground Mount Installation Kit
$4,849.00 – $52,699.99
Is this solar panel kit right for me?
A 3kW Solar Kit requires up to 300 square feet of space. Ideal output will be achieved with an unobstructed south-facing view of the sun for maximum solar power. 3kW or 4 kilowatts is 3,000 watts of DC direct current power. This could produce an estimated 300 to 750 kilowatt hours (kWh) of alternating current (AC) power per month, assuming at least 5 sun hours per day with the solar array facing South. The actual power generated will vary based on location, equipment and installation factors. Refer to your electric utility bill to find the actual kWh used per month and compare it to how much power these low cost 3kW PV systems can generate.
The kWh generated monthly by these systems is great for eliminating the impact of a hot tub or running the air conditioner. A 3000W Complete Solar Kit could offset 1/3rd of medium user’s consumption which may equal 1/2 their $ part of the bill.
What is included in my 3kW solar installation kit?
Our kits provide all the solar components you need from start to finish.
- Solar Panels – 8x 400W tier-1 144-cell polycrystalline PV modules with 25 year warranties.
- Grid-Tied String Inverter – Ultra reliable SMA Sunny Boy inverter with Secure Power Supply and Rapid Shutdown.
- Racking and Attachments – Industry leading IronRidge ground racking mounts the solar panels on the ground.
- System Monitoring – Free with every kit purchase! View and analyze your solar energy production in real-time.
- System Design and Financial Analysis – We’ll custom engineer this system for your home and calculate the payback on your solar investment.
- Not Included – Concrete, schedule 40 pipe, wire, conduit, fittings, breakers, AC/DC Disconnects (if required), junction boxes and a sub panel (if required). All these items can be purchased at any electrical supply shop, Home Depot or Lowes, and will typically cost $1,000 (or more for larger systems). Our technical support representative will provide a shopping list once your plans are complete.
How easy is it to install?
- You can install a 3kW ground-mounted solar system in one or two weekends.
- Our kits use industry leading solar panels, inverters, and racking systems specifically selected and combined to make do-it-yourself installation possible.
- A homeowner who has wired an AC outlet and is comfortable working with electricity can install our Solar kit.
- The micro-inverters in our kits have significantly improved the safety of installing a solar panel system by generating standard AC power instead of dangerous DC power.
- Micro-inverters allow you to have as few or as many panels as you like and to easily expand your system later. They simplify installation as well as allowing monitoring of each module independently. Since each panel is an individual system they maximize the power output from each panel resulting in an average 15% increase in power generation per panel.
- If self-installation is not for you, we can help you find a local solar contractor to help you with the process.
What is the installation process?
A typical solar ground-mounted system for a home can be installed within one or two weekends once a permit is obtained from your city or county. After that, it’s just 5 easy steps until you’re producing power from the sun.
- Take your plan set to your city or county and apply for a permit to install. The plan review process can take up to 10 days. Once the city or county approves your plans and issues your permit you may begin installing your solar system.
- First, the racking and mounting system must be installed. This is the most laborious process of the solar installation process. You have to dig deep holes and pour concrete.
- Once the racking and mounting system is secured in the ground, the solar panels and inverters can be quickly installed. The inverter(s) are then tied into the grid through a dedicated breaker in your main service panel.
- When the installation is complete, your city or county inspector must sign off on it. You can accomplish this by scheduling an inspection meeting with them.
- Lastly, you must send the final job card, interconnection paperwork, and your net metering agreement to your utility. They will then grant you Permission to Operate. It can take up to 4 weeks after passing inspection for your utility to provide you Permission to Operate. With our interconnection service we will process all the paperwork for you.
Our job is not over until your system is producing clean energy from the sun! We offer you support throughout the installation process with manuals, videos, and technical support.
How much should I pay a contractor to install the solar kit?
Any licensed general, electrical or solar contractor can install our solar kits. If you select to hire a contractor to install your solar kit, you should expect to pay approximately $1.00 per watt for labor, wire, conduit, fittings, breakers and other miscellaneous electrical components to complete the solar system installation. For a 3 kW (kilowatt) system, which is 3,000 watts, you can expect to pay $3,000 for installation.
Benefits of Going Solar
- Federal government provides a 26% tax credit on all residential solar installations until 12/31/2022.
- Some state & local governments as well as some utilities are also offering financial incentives to homeowners.
- Investing in solar on your roof provides 6%-13% return on investment, better than most other investments today.
- By going solar you’ll be supporting local jobs and helping America become more energy independent.
- By going solar you’ll be reducing our dependence on fossil fuels and help clean up the environment for future generations.
There are no reviews yet.